Active Status Requirements
To achieve active status as an organization at UC Merced, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- An organization must register with the Office of Student Involvement annually
- An organization must have a minimun of 4 officers at all times
- An organization must have an advisor; Staff, Faculty or a grad student can assume the role of advisor(s) with their permission
- Organization officers must complete all 4 trainings
- For the Fall 2023 Training Information, please visit our required trainings section
- All organizations will be required to complete the Transition Success and End of Year Report
Registered Clubs & Organizations can continously check their 2023-2024 status here.
Fraternities and Sororities can continuously check their status here.
Failure to complete all RCO/FSL Requirements will result in an inactive status which includes the inability to:
- Not be able to participate in any campus-wide events, whether it is on campus, off campus, or virtually.
- Not be able to participate in formal and informal recruitment. (Fraternity & Sorority organizations only)
- Hold any social or philanthropic events on and off campus under organization name.
- Not be able to use any campus space for organization meetings, events, and other gatherings.
- Be recognized or endorsed as a campus organization by Office of Student Involvement.
- Not be able to any receive any recognition for awards for the 2023-2024 academic year
In order to regain active status and to be recognized as a campus organization, organizations will need the following:
- All past requirements must be completed.
- The organization will be reviewed by Office of Student Involvement